- The Congress meets once every two years and brings together all of the members, international organizations and experts. During these Congresses, technical sessions are organized to discuss various topics.
- The General Assembly brings together all the members of the Association once a year and ratifies the decisions or proposals made by the Executive Board.
- The Executive Board manages and represents the political entity of the Association. It proposes the actions and decisions to be discussed by the General Assembly. See the Executive Board Members
- The General Secretariat of the Association is the permanent structure in charge of administrative, accounting and technical management of the Association.
- AfWA Communication is the communication department of the Association. It publishes technical and scientific bulletins as well as a directory of members and other associates every year.
- The Scientific and Technical Council, through specialized committees of experts, organizes technical sessions in order to discuss various problems encountered in the water and sanitation sectors by members of the Association.
- Regular member: Any organization in an African country in charge of the public utility of drinking water production and supply or sanitation.
- Affiliated member: Any organization dealing directly or indirectly with the drinking water sector and sanitation in Africa.
- Individual member: Any individual dealing directly or indirectly with the drinking water sector and sanitation in Africa.
- Honorary member: Any person or organization who has been very helpful to the Association and by its action contributed effectively to its development.
Annual Subscription (excluding Afwa News magazine subsidy)
|Category||Production annually sold in m3||Amount of Annual Subscriptions|
|1||0 to 25 million m3||2.750.000 FCFA or 4192,50 Euros|
|2||25 to 50 million m3||3.750.000 FCFA or 5716,84 Euros|
|3||50 to 100 million m3||4.250.000 FCFA or 6479,08 Euros|
|4||100 to 200 million m3||4.750.000 FCFA or 7241,33 Euros|
|5||More than 200 million m3||5.250.000 FCFA or 8003,57 Euros|
Assets holding company : 1.375.000 FCFA or 2096,17 Euros
Sanitation Company : 1.375.000 FCFA or 2096,17 Euros
|Type||Entity||Amount of Annual Subscriptions|
|1||Training and Research Center and Others||550.000 FCFA or 838,47 Euros|
|2||Enterprise and Consultant Agencies||1.375.000 FCFA or 2096,17 Euros|
|3||International Holdings||2.750.000 FCFA or 4192,00 Euros|
Fixed amount : 50.000 Fcfa or 76,22 Euros